Sex addiction is a type of attachment disorder. The addiction goes through a cycle, in which sexual behaviors are used to handle emotional and psychological needs such as love, connection, and acceptance. This behavior alters brain chemistry, providing a temporary “high.” This is followed by feelings of shame, which leads to pain and isolation and the cycle begins again. Working with a licensed, certified sex addiction therapist will help you break the cycle of addiction.
We can help:
- Establish a sobriety plan.
- Identify and understand your addiction cycle.
- Receive support from others.
- Address shame and isolation.
- Learn to honor your commitments.
- Address past trauma.
- Develop relational skills for intimacy & connection.
There is hope, help, and healing. A successful recovery plan serves as a guidepost for healthy living. ARI therapists who work with sex addiction are fully certified as a CSAT (Certified Sex Addiction Therapist) or are supervised by a CSAT. Contact us for more information on individual, couples, and group counseling options.